Part of the Geek Woman Show
Geek Woman Evaluation
Self-avowed nerd Harriet says to her very own facts of friendship, group additionally the extraordinary arena of styles.
Harriet’s cleverness isn’t necessarily outstanding support as she tries to pick the woman method through child confusions as a geeky outsider but, all things considered, after some unexpected minutes on cat walk, all comes to an end better!
Shortlisted for your Leeds guide Awards 2014, 11-14 era classification – Shortlisted when it comes down to Roald Dahl witty Prize 2013 – March 2013 first associated with the period
And our Lovereading professional advice for Geek woman a small amount of LoveReading4Kids members happened to be fortunate become asked to examine this concept. Here is a taster. ‘i would suggest this book to young adults everywhere, it’s a timeless regular that will be appreciated permanently, see clearly!.’.
Scroll right down to read more studies.
Products from inside the Technical Girl Show:
Nerd Lady Synopsis
“My name’s Harriet Manners, I am also a nerd.”
Harriet ways understands that a pet possess 32 muscle groups in each ear, a “jiffy” continues 1/100th of another, and also the average person laughs 15 era each day. She understands that bats always switch remaining whenever leaving a cave and that peanuts are among the foods of dynamite.
But she doesn’t see exactly why no person at school appears to like the girl.
When Harriet are spotted by a premier product representative, she grabs the chance to reinvent herself.
Even if it means stealing this lady best friend’s fantasy, running into the wrath of her arch enemy Alexa, and over repeatedly humiliating herself before impossibly handsome product Nick. No matter if it indicates sleeping to people she adore.
Geek Lady Viewer Feedback
Young ones want to look over and so as well as the Lovereading professional viewpoint a number of all of our Lovereading4kids audience Analysis screen had been in addition fortunate enough to learn and evaluate this name. You can read their own complete ratings by pressing here.
- Zoe Crook – ‘i possibly couldn’t quit scanning this book. Indeed, individuals, this is the types of book which will help keep you up all-night! Cannot say you had beenn’t cautioned!’
- Robin Johansson,age 14 and Hannah Janman, age 11 – ‘technical lady try a fantastic publication for women in particular, more of a teenage/issues crisis than a kid’s publication. I became thus angry whenever I completed it, I absolutely appreciated they!’
- Meaghan Lagan, era 14 – ‘i truly enjoyed this publication given that it had a complete pose.’
- Laoise Tabi, era 14 – ‘It is a really girly book, entertaining and smart. Make fun of aloud top quality.’
- Kara, era 11 – ‘After checking out nerd woman, we thought pleased are whom i’m considering that the book shows that you don’t need to be like someone else, you can easily end up being yourself.’
- Stefanie Tucker, get older 13 – ‘The plot try fresh and I discovered my self determined.’
- Alice D’Angelo, age 14 – ‘Through the first page, I adored Harriet ways and her see on lives.’
- Sezen Mehmet, years 12 – ‘i truly treasured checking out nerd lady. It absolutely was appealing and a fun drive of behavior and laughs.’
- Delilah Acworth, age 13 – ‘I recommend this publication to teenagers almost everywhere, it is a timeless vintage which will be appreciated forever, see clearly!’
- Eloise Percy-Davis, get older 12 – ‘I adore the zany and warm-hearted method in which Holly Smale writes and I also look forward to reading more of the lady operate!’
- Izzy Read, age 12 – ‘many people can connect with this publication, it covers countless facets of a person’s lifetime; troubled to squeeze in, finding-out who you are and achieving problems with relationships.’
- Rachel Bourn, age 13 – ‘here is the funniest publication I’ve read in quite a long time. Harriet along with her ideal (ONLY) buddy Nat are two quite enjoyable escort Richmond figures You will find come upon.’
- Mia make era 11 – ‘i might strongly recommend nerd lady to anyone who wants a beneficial make fun of and likes an one-of-a-kind story.’
- Safiyah Afghan – ‘An excellent book for teen ladies just who delight in these clever publications about normal teens whom have radical adjustment, but remain genuine to themselve.’
- Carla Mc Guigan years 12 – ‘This book was an extremely interesting read and that I really enjoyed reading it. We anticipate checking out a lot more of Holly Smale’s publications.’
- Emily Clowes, 11 – ‘Geek lady is a fantastic publication. Harriet and her best friend, Nat you live in an environment of style. Being clever does not usually support using your troubles and Harriet finds this out whenever she experiences her teenage confusions. This guide is full of laughter and tears; it is slightly like being on a roller coaster and winding up after a catwalk anytime.